Not much to show for it yet, but I have been keeping busy with my time back in Big D:
- Working on a two-panel painting for friends’ apartment in Houston
- Tabbing a Carbon Leaf song for the mountain dulcimer
- Amassing items of clothing and embellishments to dye, paint, de- and reconstruct. I didn’t get the job I wanted at my favorite store, so I’ve decided to become my own costumier. I don’t know where this interest (er, infatuation?) with fashion suddenly came from (not to say that I’d be considered any kind of fashionista—especially in this city) and I feel the need to constantly justify my thing for clothes. I read some quote in one of those monthly Dallas société glossies...it was a quote from a fashion designer that said something like, humans intrinsically crave beauty, so if you must be an element of someone’s visual landscape, why not be an asset?
- Discovered bonanzle.com, a fixed price marketplace whose fees, compared to eBay’s, are much easier for sellers to swallow
- Learning to crochet (and trying not to ask myself why I’m making granny squares into the morning’s wee hours)